If you’re fed up with your estate agent then–trust me–you’re not alone!
If I had a pound for every seller that contacted me after suffering at the hands of their estate agent then I’d be a very wealthy man indeed!
Selling your house privately means that you no longer need to put with your disappointing estate agent.
Estate Agent can’t sell my house quickly?
- The best possible offer that the estate agent might be able to get for your house, assuming that the ideal buyer walks into their office at some point within the next year (or two!).
- A ‘guide asking price’ against which people will make their offers. Outside of London, nobody ever offers the asking price!
- A ‘lever’ for getting you to sign the estate agent’s sales contract. Once you’ve signed up, they might then start to suggest that you drop the price to sell your house…
Questions an estate agent won’t like!
- How long will it take from your initial valuation and marketing through to selling my house and receiving all the money.
- Who is actually in the market for a property like this one? Investors? Owner-occupiers?
- What checks do you do to ensure that these buyers can actually finance the purchase? What proportion are all-cash home buyers Vs. buyers that need a mortgage?
- Realistically, what kind of serious offers can I expect? In what timescale?
- What’s your incentive to sell my house, rather that all the other ones in your window?
- What exactly do you do for your fees and why are they so high?! (OK, that one is a bit cheeky!)
- WHY HAVEN’T YOU SOLD MY HOUSE YET! (You promised it’s be sold by now!)